New iPhoneNotes 0.3

I’m glad to release a new version of iPhoneNotes today. I fixed some bugs and since 0.1.1 I’ve added some new features like auto-update and a Bonjour browser. iPhoneNotes is now Universal Binary!
Download: iPhoneNotes 0.3
Changelog:

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

98 Comments »

Thomas Post on March 23rd 2008 in iPhone, Stuff with tags:, ,

98 Responses to “New iPhoneNotes 0.3”

1. Hervé S. responded on 23 Mar 2008 at 16:50 #

Any way for this nifty app to also look in the “previous locations” of the Notes database, when connecting to an older iPod system?
    I’m still under 1.1.2, because I uploaded a huge amount of data on the iPod (of which the wikipedia, but also lots of personal notes etc.), and obviously what happens presently is, iPhoneNotes connects correctly to the iPod, but finds nothing, and tells me “notes downloaded” with a nice blank list :-)
    Don’t you think it would be possible to either plan a different setting (“if your iPhone is v. 1.1…”) or even more bluntly, just try /var/root/Library/Notes/notes.db as a target if the initial attempt brings no data?
    All the best for your developments anyway -and a happy Easter ;-)
    Hervé

2. V1ru8 responded on 23 Mar 2008 at 16:54 #

No one has requested that before. But i can do that in the next version!

3. mark responded on 23 Mar 2008 at 16:56 #

iPhone doesn’t show up in the load list.

4. Hervé S. responded on 23 Mar 2008 at 17:20 #

following my previous comment: in fact I created a pseudo 1.1.4 architecture on my 1.1.2 system, and then I added a symlink between both, so that indeed iPhoneNotes does perfectly work for now here :-)
    here is the ridiculously simple command I issued (which corresponds to the apogee of my computer science knowledge :-) ):
    /var/mobile/Library/Notes root# ln -s /var/root/Library/Notes/notes.db notes.db
    HTH,
    Hervé

5. Stan responded on 23 Mar 2008 at 17:44 #

When you get this app working such that it’ll work with the normal sync’ing I’d be happy to make a donation to your effort and work.

…also, it would be nice if somehow the app could also include the notes from Mail.app, thus serving as a bridge.

Pax,
    - Stan

6. brian responded on 23 Mar 2008 at 20:31 #

iphone doesnt show up in the load list…..using jail broken 1.1.3….does the iphone have to be mounted?

7. Chris responded on 23 Mar 2008 at 20:37 #

With this version I can now connect to my iPhone, so many thanks.

I’m sure you are bound to have many requests, but here are my two:

1) Some way to sync with the “On My Mac” notes in Mail.app

2) An ability to make a back up of the notes DB — at least until I get set up with Time Machine :-)

In any case, thanks again for providing functionality which Apple should have implement with the very first version.

Chris

8. DB responded on 23 Mar 2008 at 20:55 #

Do you plan in a future version of iPhoneNotes to import the notes to Mail?

9. fscklog responded on 23 Mar 2008 at 21:14 #

iPhoneNotes verwaltet Notizen auf iPhone und iPod touch…

Sehr wahrscheinlich wird diese Funktion zwar eines Tages offiziellen Einzug halten (iPhone OS 2.0 Ende Juni wäre sicher ein heißer Kandidat), bis dahin hilft glücklicherweise iPhoneNotes weiter.

… iPhoneNotes ist heute frisch als Universal Bi…

10. jochen responded on 24 Mar 2008 at 13:40 #

hi,
    doesnt work with my iphone.
    some instructions and informtaion about this app would be helpfull.
    Where does your app store itself and the information.
    does it store something on the iphoen.
    Thanks in advance
    Jochen

11. V1ru8 responded on 24 Mar 2008 at 13:48 #

the notes database is stored under: /Users/your_username/Library/Application Support/iPhoneNotes/
    iPhoneNotes itself does not store anything on the iPhone but you need OpenSSH installed on it.

12. Al Morgan responded on 24 Mar 2008 at 19:13 #

Downloaded latest version.
    Application begins to launch then closes!

Running 10.4.11 on MacBook Pro

Any ideas?

13. Don responded on 24 Mar 2008 at 19:28 #

Add me to the same list as Hervé S – I’m still on 1.1.1 in large part because I have notes I do not with to rekey! Being able to back them up first would be very exciting to me.

14. Al Morgan responded on 24 Mar 2008 at 19:44 #

WHOOPS!

Never mind – I see it requires 10.5! :)

15. Arjun responded on 25 Mar 2008 at 04:18 #

When it is asking you the user name and password. What username and password?

16. V1ru8 responded on 25 Mar 2008 at 07:11 #

The default iPhone users/passwords are:
    root: alpine
    mobile: dottie

17. iPhone Notes 0.3 | MacInTom responded on 25 Mar 2008 at 08:36 #

[...] Lien vers le téléchargement [...]

18. iPhoneNotes 0.3 responded on 25 Mar 2008 at 08:42 #

[...] Website Download iPhoneNotes  These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages. [...]

19. Allan Wright responded on 25 Mar 2008 at 09:34 #

I have an iphone which is unlocked , however i cannot recieve TXT messages or gain access to voice mail , any help would be apprecaited

20. Landon Gilmore responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 00:48 #

So, when it asks for a password, what the heck is it? I don’t remember ever setting one up…

21. V1ru8 responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 08:14 #

22. iNfEk responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 08:25 #

This was posted on the 0.1 blog.

Version 0.3 Trouble:

1. If phone is in sleep iPhoneNotes doesn’t wake it and doesn’t see it via Bonjour
    2. Sometimes when downloading notes it can hang for a little while before presenting the notes that are present on the phone
    3. If the program sees your iPhone and you download the notes or save notes and your phone goes to sleep your phones name is then duplicated in the list.
    4. Notes updated through iPhoneNotes do NOT display how they are on the screen (Omits the spacing and the next blank line down). But… If you update the incorrect spacing and blank lines via the iPhone and load the note again via iPhoneNotes then the spacing is correct.

Example:

A
    B
    C

D
    E

F

will display as the following after it’s saved to your iPhone:

A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F

5. Date/Time isn’t updated when you modify a note via iPhoneNotes.

This has come a long way from 0.1! I really like this app and use it pretty often.

23. V1ru8 responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 08:46 #

@iNfEk

1. I tried to fix that problem but when the iPhone goes to sleep it cuts the WLAN connection and i din’t find a way to prevent it from that.
    2. I will try to fix that
    3. fixed and available in next release
    4. fixed and available in next release
    5. fixed and available in next release

Thank you very much for that helpful bugrport!!!

24. Kay seine Seite » Blog Archiv » Nette Tools responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 14:05 #

[...] dritte Tool nennt sich iPhoneNotes und ermöglicht es, die iPhone notizen von seinem Mac zu bearbeiten. Synchronisieren, mit den [...]

25. ∞ Infinite Mac » Blog Archive » iPhoneNotes - Manage iPhone & iPod Touch notes responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 14:28 #

[...] iPhoneNotes has been recently released as a Universal Binary. It requires Mac OS X 10.5+, as well as a Jailbroken iPhone or iPod Touch with OpenSSH installed. [...]

26. sebastien responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 14:39 #

any chance to see this developped for windows? *running and dodging rocks*

27. V1ru8 responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 14:45 #

this software is based on cocoa and i will never develop a windows version!
    But I’ve found that: http://subjectivist.org/iphone/
    I have nothing to do with that software and i haven’t tested it!!!!

28. chu responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 17:03 #

This is great app, but I have a problem.

Everytime I add new notes work, but when I edit or delete from Mac, it “sometimes” doesn’t reflect on iPhone. I have 1.1.4 and Leopard (PPC).

29. chu responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 18:14 #

About my comment above,

I figure you can’t “Save Notes” twice or more in a row. Everytime you save notes from Mac you have to Load again if you wanna save another note. If the app reloads from iPhone right after clicking on “Save Notes”, itll be nice!

30. iNfEk responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 19:29 #

I’ve found something else kinda bad?

I cannot add new notes on my phone but I can add via iPhoneNotes 0.3 though. I’ve restarted and its the same.

Maybe it’s a permissions thing?

31. iNfEk responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 19:42 #

Also regarding my last comment…

I can delete a note on my phone. For example the one at the top of the list on my phone. But when I add a NEW note that is supposed to be with todays date and subject I choose the note that I just deleted comes back and my new note doesn’t appear.

32. iNfEk responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 19:46 #

Also, If I simply delete a note from my phone I show one less note than there was previously. When I go back to the home screen and go back into my notes that note that I just deleted is now present again

33. iNfEk responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 19:54 #

Any modification to the notes on the phone already seem to adjust the time, date…etc. When you go back to the notes are by hitting the notes button all things seem to be saved to the note that you modified. If you go back to the home screen and then back into the notes everything you just changed is back to how it was prior to your modifications.

This isn’t good at all since now notes via the phone is broken but modifications from my macbook pro seem to be working fine when uploaded to the phone.

In short, iPhoneNotes will add and delete, modify notes ok but the actual iPhone will NOT

34. Handycapt responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 20:24 #

To solve the Problem with “lost connection” there too solutions

1. Go into Pref. and put “lock” to never, as long as you load, save and edit notes.

2. There is a little app which prevent the iPhone disabling Wifi conection in sleep mode.
    The name of the app is Insomnia

35. iNfEk responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 20:34 #

I just did a complete restore on the phone but my notes are still unmodifiable since I sync it before I did the restore several days ago.

36. dot responded on 26 Mar 2008 at 21:21 #

what is up with the username and password? I tried alpine and dottie..not working

37. iNfEk responded on 27 Mar 2008 at 00:06 #

in 0.3

username: root
    password: alpine

or

username: mobile
    password: dottie

38. rogermugs responded on 27 Mar 2008 at 02:31 #

why doesn’t it link with mail.app notes?

39. Cyan responded on 27 Mar 2008 at 06:33 #

Troubles!

I’m running Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11 and I tried running this app. It opens then closes. Nothing in between.

Should I just assume it doesn’t work on Tiger? :(

40. zebcreed responded on 27 Mar 2008 at 06:45 #

Can’t get the app to open. Downloaded the zipped file with Safari and unarchived it, when I click on it it doesn’t open. I tried Firefox which sometimes helps with downloads and when I try to unarchive it I get a format error warning, #17540 if that means anything. Just to let you know.

41. Dexter responded on 27 Mar 2008 at 10:33 #

How about a windows version of iphone notes? there are lots of windows users that would like to use this as welll!!!

42. Daniel responded on 27 Mar 2008 at 12:31 #

I’m wondering if there is a way to have your notes saved on your computer so that you can access them without having to link your ipod…

43. Helo responded on 27 Mar 2008 at 14:12 #

Hi!

Does the application synchronize both ways? (I don’t own an iPhone yet to test it)

Do you use proprietary or standard protocol for synchronizing the data?

44. Dj RaYz responded on 27 Mar 2008 at 15:52 #

I downloaded Open SSH and was able to find my phone via bonjour. When using the default password and login info, it is taking more than 4 mins and its not loading any notes into the program. I am keeping my iPhone on so that it doesn’t go to sleep. Any ideas?

45. avis responded on 28 Mar 2008 at 00:38 #

can it be used for 1.1.2

46. iNfEk responded on 28 Mar 2008 at 05:00 #

I was able to resolve the issue on not being able to save notes in the phone by doing a restore and NOT using a backup from an older sync. I set it up as new.

47. Oliver responded on 28 Mar 2008 at 15:34 #

i have an unlocked 1,1,4 iphone using unicel in vermont
    the iphone is not showing up in the notes menu
    it also asks for a password?

48. alli responded on 28 Mar 2008 at 19:01 #

please build one for microsoft

49. Daniel responded on 29 Mar 2008 at 10:46 #

Wow…Ask and Ye Shall Receive…this backup feature is sweet…it makes my ipod touch even MORE useful…Well done…now, any chances of playing with the color options to give options such as the ones available in Stickies?

Nice job…

50. Daniel responded on 30 Mar 2008 at 12:17 #

OK…

This program worked great yesterday and is not responding today…any ideas?

51. Bill responded on 31 Mar 2008 at 04:25 #

Just wanted to thank you for this work. I have 1.1.4 jailbroke by ziphone and had already got the phone to appear in my Leopard Finder. After downloading and starting up iphone-Notes, it worked just fine for me. The edits and new notes created on both the phone and the mac are syncing very well. Of course the colors would be nice on the phone but that does not seem to work – figured it might not.
    Now I can start using my notes more like they were intended.

Enhancement ideas –
    Link from mail notes
    Export type functions for documents
    Drawing ability
    or sketching

Thanks again, works fine on my particular machines.

52. Jon Rune responded on 04 Apr 2008 at 02:40 #

looks to be the cooles program for iphone ever, but i cant get it to work.
    says, downloading the notes database… but it goes on and on forever, then nothing happens, any ideas?

53. V1ru8 responded on 04 Apr 2008 at 07:18 #

@Jon Rune: Hava a look at the log window or post it here.

54. Jon Rune responded on 04 Apr 2008 at 13:05 #

sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys000.
    Master Device is 15.

sftp task with pid 3692 ended.
    WIFSIGNALED: signal = 10
    sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys000.
    Master Device is 17.

sftp task with pid 3698 ended.
    WIFSIGNALED: signal = 10

55. Jon Rune responded on 04 Apr 2008 at 14:47 #

might be a dumb question, but do i need to install anything on my iphone?
    and yes, it is jailbroken… of course!!

56. V1ru8 responded on 04 Apr 2008 at 17:24 #

hmm.. have you installed OpenSSH on your iPhone? (that is normally not automatically installed when you jailbreak it.)

57. Jon Rune responded on 04 Apr 2008 at 21:06 #

yes, OpenSSH is installed.
    actually i just found out that after using your program i cant add a new note to notes on my iphone? heard of this problem before?

58. Jon Rune responded on 04 Apr 2008 at 21:25 #

write rights fixed, but i still have a problemem getting your software to work…( and i really really need this;)

59. V1ru8 responded on 04 Apr 2008 at 22:56 #

hmm can you connect to your iPhone with sftp over the terminal? And what was the problem with the write rights? Has it something to do with my app? maybe something i can fix?

60. Jon Rune responded on 04 Apr 2008 at 23:23 #

i have no problem connection to my iphone by using AFPd,
    sftp over terminal i dont know about….

the read/write rights was due to a mistake I did, not your software.
    i messed around with the database that you software create to see if i could manually copy it over to my iphone. that worked great.. until i realized i no longer was able to write to the file.

61. Daniel responded on 06 Apr 2008 at 03:19 #

OK…

I just upgraded to version 0.5 and things are working swimmingly…I’m syncing the notes program with my iphone and my ipod touch and am loving the versatility of it…adding the colored text was a great idea…

Another thought—is it possible to adjust the background oft the notes program to allow for colored paper? This would bring notes in line with stickies…

Great work on this app…I am loving it…

62. Brian responded on 08 Apr 2008 at 00:16 #

How about a windows version please! :)

63. Mike responded on 11 Apr 2008 at 23:28 #

Hey, I’d like to say great program! I love it… I find it to be better than others from the iphone itself such as “Remote Notes” because you don’t have to actaully do anything on the iphone first.

One suggestion for the program: Maybe it could auto-connect to the last connected iPhone at startup rather than having to pick it first every time. Most people probably only have 1 iPhone that they use this with every time.

Also, maybe it could keep a local copy of the notes last downloaded when the program was open, allowing you to quickly edit a note without downloading it first.

Just some suggestions. Love this program! Thanks so much

64. Brian Mason responded on 13 Apr 2008 at 05:56 #

This app works on my macbook, it works on my intel mac mini and it works on my power mac g5 all leopard machines.

But, this app doesn’t seem to work on my intel imac 24″ leopard machine. I’ve completely deleted it three times and it still doesn’t work.

Cyberduck works just fine. but version 0.5 of iphonenotes just won’t work on my intel imac leopard machine.

All machine connected to same airport extreme router.

65. Brian Mason responded on 13 Apr 2008 at 06:05 #

iphone notes can see my iphone on my intel 24″ iMac leopard machine, but when i try to load notes off of the iphone, it just spins and says “Downloading the notes database from your iPhone.” and nothing shows up.

In any case, good app.

66. Thorgeir Valur Ellertsson responded on 16 Apr 2008 at 12:57 #

Hi, I love your product but there is allways some thing that could be done better.
    I would think that in stead of having Load/Save Notes – Sync notes would be much better, letting the application Check out what is different since last time, and sync it.

But thanx for your product.

Best Reg.
    Thorgeir Valur

67. Örn B Jónsson responded on 21 Apr 2008 at 13:42 #

Hello. I just downloaded your iPhone Notes and Donated to you a small amount but I am unable to use the software and nothing goes between my iPhone and my Computrer.

Any solutions?

best regards,
    Örn B

68. Örn B Jónsson responded on 21 Apr 2008 at 14:39 #

Hello, again.

If you can’t solve this problem for me please refund my gift.

best regards,
    örn b

69. V1ru8 responded on 21 Apr 2008 at 14:58 #

Hi örn

First of all can you specify more detalis about your problem? Does your iPhone show up in the sidebar?
    Be shure that you have all requirements for iPhoneNotes (Jailbroken iPhone 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 with OpenSSH installed)
    Can you connect to your iPhone over SFTP? Can you send me the log from the Log Window (Window -> Log Window) ?

And if I should refound your donation, just let me know! that’s no problem.

70. Örn B Jónsson responded on 21 Apr 2008 at 18:10 #

I’ve downloaded SFTP and Open SSH. And here is the Log Window content:

sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys000.
    Master Device is 21.
    Connecting to Macintosh-001F5B4FC1D4.local….

The authenticity of host ‘macintosh-001f5b4fc1d4.local. (192.168.1.34)’ can’t be established.

Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes

Warning: Permanently added ‘macintosh-001f5b4fc1d4.local.,192.168.1.34′ (RSA) to the list of known hosts.

Örn B@macintosh-001f5b4fc1d4.local.’s password:

Permission denied, please try again.

sftp task with pid 1169 ended.
    Normal exit
    sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys000.
    Master Device is 21.

Örn B@macintosh-001f5b4fc1d4.local.’s password:

Permission denied, please try again.

sftp task with pid 1174 ended.
    Normal exit
    sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys000.
    Master Device is 21.

Örn B@macintosh-001f5b4fc1d4.local.’s password:

Permission denied, please try again.

sftp task with pid 1179 ended.
    Normal exit
    sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys000.
    Master Device is 21.

Örn B@macintosh-001f5b4fc1d4.local.’s password:

Permission denied, please try again.

sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys001.
    Master Device is 25.

Örn B@macintosh-001f5b4fc1d4.local.’s password:

Permission denied, please try again.

sftp task with pid 1205 ended.
    Normal exit

sftp task with pid 1208 ended.
    Normal exit
    sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys000.
    Master Device is 25.
    Connecting to Macintosh-001F5B4FC1D4.local….

Örn B@macintosh-001f5b4fc1d4.local.’s password: sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys001.
    Master Device is 27.

Örn B@macintosh-001f5b4fc1d4.local.’s password:

Permission denied, please try again.

sftp task with pid 1276 ended.
    Normal exit
    sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys001.
    Master Device is 30.

Örn B@macintosh-001f5b4fc1d4.local.’s password:

Permission denied, please try again.

sftp task with pid 1277 ended.
    Normal exit
    sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys002.
    Master Device is 31.

Örn B@macintosh-001f5b4fc1d4.local.’s password:

Permission denied, please try again.

sftp task with pid 1316 ended.
    Normal exit
    sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys002.
    Master Device is 32.

Örn B@macintosh-001f5b4fc1d4.local.’s password:

Permission denied, please try again.

sftp task with pid 1875 ended.
    Normal exit
    sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys002.
    Master Device is 33.

Örn B@macintosh-001f5b4fc1d4.local.’s password:

Permission denied, please try again.

sftp task with pid 1878 ended.
    Normal exit
    sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys002.
    Master Device is 34.

ssh: connect to host Macintosh-001F5B4FC1D4.local. port 22: Operation timed out

Connection closed

sftp task with pid 1921 ended.
    Normal exit

71. V1ru8 responded on 21 Apr 2008 at 21:19 #

It looks like you try to download Notes from “macintosh-001f5b4fc1d4.local.” with the IP-Address 192.168.1.34 which maybe isn’t your iPhone. When you chose something from the sidebar, are there multiple items? Maybe you cached the wrong device there? (everything who has enabled SSH shows up there)

72. Örn B Jónsson responded on 23 Apr 2008 at 14:23 #

Hello again.
    The IP-Address is correct and there is only one item shown in the sidebar.

Still I can’t connect to my iPhone.

örn b

73. V1ru8 responded on 23 Apr 2008 at 18:25 #

try to connect to your iPhone over the terminal with sftp:

sftp root@ip-of-your-iphone

if that doesn’t work something with your iPhone or network setup must be wrong. If it works iPhoneNotes should work too.
    Let me know the resutl of the sftp command.

74. Örn B Jónsson responded on 23 Apr 2008 at 18:42 #

I got the Fugu software for connecting through SFTP, SCP or SSH. Which should I use?

I think this is to complicated. Notes should just connect as most other things on the Mac does. It is all so simple but this is not.

Please refund and I’ll delete the program.

75. V1ru8 responded on 23 Apr 2008 at 19:03 #

I sent your money back over paypal.

I know it’s currently not so easy to get the stuff working. But in fact that the iPhone is a so closed Platform it’s really hard to keep the stuff simple.

You can keep iPhoneNotes you must not delete it! Its free software!

you can use SFTP or SSH both are working on the same service.

76. Örn B Jónsson responded on 23 Apr 2008 at 19:05 #

Thank you for your help and your patience!

best regards,
    örn b

77. paolo responded on 27 Apr 2008 at 16:37 #

Nice to have that.

78. dalle responded on 08 May 2008 at 03:36 #

this program can’t launch in my ppc tiger osx
    can u fix this problem?

i wanna to fix it soon :)

my lap top is powerbook 17′ 1.33 ppc mac
    os is tiger

79. Dave responded on 24 May 2008 at 15:56 #

Version 0.6 doesn’t work on 10.5.2. Previous version worked fine.

When I start it up the message is “Uploading notes to your iPhone” and the app just hangs.

Should I reinstall or delete preferences file or what?

80. Dave Evans responded on 27 May 2008 at 20:18 #

First problem was that I was hitting Enter after typing in user/password and the default option is cancel. Once I figured that out I had to delete part of the known_hosts files after reading the log (great job with log that was relatively understandable). After fixing known_hosts, I had to do the password guessing game.

Everything works now.

81. gio responded on 19 Jun 2008 at 17:40 #

which user name/password I should use? I kept trying even thing I have but failed. Pls tell me how to solve the problem. thank you so much.

82. Janimal responded on 24 Jun 2008 at 06:27 #

could it be possible to get this one to tiger also? Iwould be pleased and could donate if this could be possible. Thank you!

83. V1ru8 responded on 28 Jun 2008 at 12:26 #

@gio try to use user: root and password: alpine (default on the iPhone)

@Janimal no sorry that’s currently not possible

84. luuke responded on 28 Jun 2008 at 16:28 #

hm, I got the same WIFSIGNALED problem that was mentioned earlier in the comments. It appeared for every version starting from v0.3. OpenSSH and BSD is on the iPhone. Additionally, I can connect without any problems with Cyberduck to the iPhone using SSH.

sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys000.
    Master Device is 25.

sftp task with pid 3515 ended.
    WIFSIGNALED: signal = 10

The funny thing is, that the whole mess started after I had to reset the iPhone and do all the jailbreaking over again. Before it worked great..

just strange

85. V1ru8 responded on 28 Jun 2008 at 16:38 #

Sorry when I ask that. But have you tried to delete the known_hosts file?

86. luuke responded on 09 Jul 2008 at 16:34 #

Sorry for the delayed answer, I was out of Town.

Yes, I have deleted know_hosts

“sudo rm .ssh/known_hosts”

Still not working:

sftp launch path is /usr/bin/sftp.
    Slave terminal device is /dev/ttys003.
    Master Device is 11.

sftp task with pid 81890 ended.
    WIFSIGNALED: signal = 10

87. V1ru8 responded on 09 Jul 2008 at 19:06 #

can you connect to your iPhone using the terminals sftp client?

88. luuke responded on 09 Jul 2008 at 22:42 #

Hi, first of all thanks for replying..

I can connect via sftp:
    > sftp root@10.0.1.200
    Connecting to 10.0.1.200…
    root@10.0.1.200‘s password:
    sftp> ls
    Library

89. Jay responded on 21 Jul 2008 at 04:18 #

Any plans to get this on the official Apple App store? (Please say yes.)

90. maxi responded on 21 Jul 2008 at 23:56 #

Does the iPhoneNotes work with the new firmware 2.0 in iphone?

91. V1ru8 responded on 01 Aug 2008 at 12:09 #

@Jay This is a Mac OS X app who just works with an jailbroken iPhone so it will never be in the app store. A possibility is to write an own Notes application with the ability to sync with your mac. But that’s currently not planned.

@maxi I have a 1. gen. iPhone with Firmware 2.0 jailbroken and SSH installed. That is works.

92. maxi responded on 07 Aug 2008 at 13:42 #

i´ve download the update, but is not working the my iphone 1.0 jailbreaked with firmware 2.0

93. jorge responded on 29 Aug 2008 at 06:15 #

I have a jailbreaked iphone 2.0.2, and update iphonenotes to 0.8, have open ssh installed and working. I download notes from iphone to mac with iphonenotes to 0.8 and works great, but when want to upload again corrected notes from the mac to the iphone it does not work. Thanks in advance for making any suggestions.
    Regards, JORGE

94. vivi responded on 18 Sep 2008 at 00:37 #

Hi
    Is there gonna be an update for 2.1?

95. massimo responded on 09 Oct 2008 at 23:57 #

Please update iPhonenotes for firmware 2.1
    this app is great and it’s the only way to sync notes on the iPhone.
    Thanks for your work

96. Erol Chun responded on 20 Jan 2009 at 19:21 #

Hey all, I like iPhonenotes but as of now I’m really liking how Simplenote doesn’t need a program to install… It uses the web and syncs perfectly with the iPhone

97. Gabriel responded on 22 Jan 2009 at 19:10 #

Great app! Thank you!

98. V1ru8 » iPhoneNotes Beta 0.1 responded on 03 Feb 2009 at 17:56 #

[...] here: iPhoneNotes 0.1.1 This software is totally free and comes with absolutely no warranty Update: Version 0.1.1 added [...]

Trackback URI | Comments RSS